-->

Friday, October 29, 2010

Still CASTE is related to Education?

I finely remember the day, it was the afternoon of 23rd of july 2010, I reached the small office above DEVELOPMENT AREA GANGTOK where scholarship form was being distributed to the deserving student. I was told about it by one aunt with whom I meet at my college.

But when I reached at my destination as told by her I saw many faculties who were quite busy on their work, sorry I had to disturb them knowingly. I softy wished them as that's my childhood habit. They asked me the reason of coming, so I frankly said "Mam I want scholarship form...." instead of asking about my qualification she rudely behaved with a query "WHAT IS YOUR CASTE? ? ?". I was amazed..... what has my caste to do with my education?? I replied softly, but I was so disheartened to hear her reply "THE FORM ARE FOR SC/ST,no forms for OBC blah blah.."

I thought the scholarship were for the deserving students independent of their caste and creed, but I was solely wrong. My aim was to go for higher studies and fulfill my dreams but I couldn't, as I was from OBC as the faculty at the education office had said.

I request them with two folded hand but there was no one in my favor, I wasn't SC/ST according to them. As there was no other option, I could see my future dark....... On my way down to TAXI stand, this thought came to me, I decided that if by any means I got a chance to study then I am not going to study here. I got qualified in CET SIKKIM 2010 but I denied the opportunity, who knows tomorrow I will again be discriminated on basis of my caste. I am sure many people may not like my open opinion here but I am taking the help of my fundamental right "Right to Express" [hope its not compromised atleast].

I thank SIKKIM STUDENTS for providing us a PLATFORM for pouring our grievance.....
~ Name and Address withheld
On Author's Request

No comments:

Categories

Achievements (1) Admin (1) Admission (2) Article (48) Award (2) Biography (1) Child (6) Colleges (3) Culture (2) Darjeeling (1) Destruction (1) Drugs (2) Education (27) Environment (2) Events (7) Exam (3) God (4) India (9) Inspiration (13) Internet (6) Interview (1) Issue (2) Literature (2) NEstd (8) NewAge (1) News (33) Schools (7) Science (1) Sikkim (53) Sports (7) Students (46) Teacher (6) Technology (5) Top 5 (5) UNICEF (1) Unity (1) Village (1) Women (2)