-->

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Aren't we proud of being what we are???

I strolled around the so called Switzerland.... MG Marg of my own capital. Wow.... time passed like nothing there.... sitting in a cold bench and watching people. I wonder is this the same Gangtok it used to be? Our state has advanced a lot and I hope we all are proud of it. And meantime some guys come and sits in the bench next to mine, trying hard to look korean and dress up like one. Oh man.... why are they getting so much into Korean looks? I am not trying to be too much of pessimist out here but is it good to forget our real image and trying to act hard to look like someone you are not?

I know I dont have the right to judge them but all I want to ask is aren't you proud of being a Sikkimese?? Arent you proud of being an Indian?? If I would get a chance to choose my next birth place, I would choose Sikkim, a paradise state..... without a next thought. And I am sure many people would support me in my thought. Let us protect our own image in the world, instead of trying to act like someone else.

A question to think about.... Aren't you proud and satisfied of being what you are? I hope the best answer is with you....... I cant change what you think but just throw some light on it.... instead of acting like who you are not, act like who you are....


"Be a first rate version of yourself instead of being a second rate version of someone else."

~ Name withheld,
Gangtok

No comments:

Categories

Achievements (1) Admin (1) Admission (2) Article (48) Award (2) Biography (1) Child (6) Colleges (3) Culture (2) Darjeeling (1) Destruction (1) Drugs (2) Education (27) Environment (2) Events (7) Exam (3) God (4) India (9) Inspiration (13) Internet (6) Interview (1) Issue (2) Literature (2) NEstd (8) NewAge (1) News (33) Schools (7) Science (1) Sikkim (53) Sports (7) Students (46) Teacher (6) Technology (5) Top 5 (5) UNICEF (1) Unity (1) Village (1) Women (2)