-->

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Voice of FLAG!!

[pic source: tribune.com]

Hello everyone! First of all let me tell you something about myself. I am a paper and I am staying with my friends in the factory where I have been manufactured recently.

We know that everyone has a dream, you have a dream, my friends have a dream and so do I. Some of my friend's dream is to become a poster of a film, some to become a news paper, but my dream is to become a flag, our national flag. And eventually my dream came true.

That day was the last day when we were together in the factory. We were going to separate with our friends. Some huge trucks came and people started loading us in different trucks. And off I went to another place where I was painted in the tricolor. I felt so proud. Why shouldn't I? I was representing the national flag.... I felt so good that day, I thought to sacrifice my entire life to my country... and wished to be the national flag in every life that I get. Then I was shipped to a mall nearby where I rested for a day.

The next day, one small child along with his parents came to me and picked me up. He held me in his little fingers.... and we came out of the mall... I felt the fresh air, I started dancing with the air in rejoicement. As we were travelling in the car, I saw my brothers around. Some were big, waving in the pole in the building roof-top. Some were in the vehicles, some were in the hands of children, my little owner also held me out of the car and let me wave. I felt I was on the top of the world.

Then we went to the park, market and many places.... my little owner still holding me like he never wanted to let me go. I was so happy. Then at evening we went to his house and he kept me in the table.... and went away. I thought we would go on a walk the other morning. I waited and waited for the next morning. He came, looked at me and smiled but didn't take me. I felt sad. I thought he would take me in the evening but in the evening he didn't even looked at me.

The day went by.... I am still lying in the table. The next morning as I was expecting the little boy to take me out...... a big tough hand held me roughly. I cried in pain... "hey! I am the national flag.... what are you doing?...." but he didn't listen to me... and everything went blank.

"I had grown big... I was waving in the big pole in the assembly lawn of the school.... thousands students were saluting me.... Suddenly i saw the same boy waving at me from the croud of students... and called me friend!! friend!!"

I opened my eyes... I saw myself lying in the garbage bin... and realised it was a dream... I looked around and saw my old friend in the wall, he had become a poster as he always wanted to be.... "Friend!! how are you?" he asked.... I felt so little, I couldn't reply. I saw my other friend lying near me as a torn news paper. But he was happy because he knew his fate.... but I didn't. I didn't knew this would be my fate.

So all I want to tell you is next time you buy a flag, please don't let it go through what I have been. A patriotic feeling should be in the heart of every citizen everyday, not just on 15th August!! Please do not let any flags... big or small lying on the dumps, bins and roadside. I represent the country.... I represent the pride and I represent your love towards INDIA....

"As Independence Day is coming near, let us use it wisely and respect it with full zeal and enthusiasm. Let us make sure that the disposal of worn, soiled and tattered flag should be done in proper and honorable way."

Similar Links:

- Amir Bhandari, Soreng


No comments:

Categories

Achievements (1) Admin (1) Admission (2) Article (48) Award (2) Biography (1) Child (6) Colleges (3) Culture (2) Darjeeling (1) Destruction (1) Drugs (2) Education (27) Environment (2) Events (7) Exam (3) God (4) India (9) Inspiration (13) Internet (6) Interview (1) Issue (2) Literature (2) NEstd (8) NewAge (1) News (33) Schools (7) Science (1) Sikkim (53) Sports (7) Students (46) Teacher (6) Technology (5) Top 5 (5) UNICEF (1) Unity (1) Village (1) Women (2)