-->

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Beware of Fraud E-Mails

I was on my first year of diploma when I saw the mail congratulating me for winning 15000000 Pounds. I pinched myself to confirm that I wasn't dreaming. The pattern of the mail and everything was so much real that I was compelled to believe it.

I started dreaming about big cars, fancy bungalows and all that I could buy with that amount. I started hating my studies because I had won an amount that I couldn't earn in decades and decades. I kept the whole thing secret as I thought people would hack into my account and take my prize money.

Next day, I wrote a reply, checked and rechecked it several times before sending it. After a couple of minutes I got a reply from the other side which asked me to complete all the necessary paper work as soon as possible to claim the money.

This reply again ignited fire in my mind. And I was sure that I was the lucky one. I thanked god and thought that I must have done something good in my past life whose fruit I am getting to enjoy in this life. I sent them all the information that they has asked like my name, age, banking info, etc. etc.

The next mail of theirs completely startled me. They had asked me $15000 as service charge. And claimed that once they receive the amount they would transfer the amount to my account. That put me into tension. I went to one of the faculty with the problem and thats when the dream broke(for the good reason).

Recently I even heard a case where a person sold all his belonging to pay for the service tax[I dont want to disclose his name and address, of course from our state]. Feel so sorry for him.

Leaving all those comic events of my foolishness, lets come to the point. The emails or sms that we receive claiming to be from big MNC's about lottery is completely fraud. Even the chain emails that claims to transfer money to our account if we forward the mail is fraud.

The mails may look completely genuine but guess how many masterminds will be working in it? It should and would look genuine.....

An example mail is given below:

Mr. Pinkket Griffin Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
To: skmstudent@gmail.com
Batch number.....................YM 09102XN
Reff number........................YM35447XN
Winning number...................YM09788

Congratulations Lucky Winner,


We acknowledge the receipt of the requested data and the confirmation of your reliability in this universal program. Do note that I have forwarded the produced data, to the head counselors of THE
G Gmail AWARD TEAM HEADQUARTERS (UK) and the ELITE COURIER SHIPPING AGENCY Headquarters in UNITED KINGDOM . Your donation cheque and other document to facilitate the legal cashing of the cheque as the recipient, has been signed and delivered to the head office of the ELITE COURIER. Kindly note the ELITE COURIER office in UK will facilitate the delivery of your donation to you immediately. You have been awarded a donation cheque from the G Gmail AWARD TEAM HEADQUARTERS(UK) the sum of 1,000,000 Great Britain Pounds and also this is a donation from the G Gmail AWARD TEAM HEADQUARTERS (UK)
As you have already been informed, this donation is given out randomly to worldwide individuals, for their personal business development and enhancement of their educational plans. The objective is to make a notable change in the standard of living of people all around the Universe (From America to Europe, Asia to Africa and all around), probably like in the next 20yrs. This what the G Gmail AWARD TEAM HEADQUARTERS (UK) have decided to do. The G Gmail BAORD has been able to raise over 20 billion Pounds since 1901, and will be using it according to Company Facilities to make a notable change between now and the next 20 yrs.

The G Gmail AWARD TEAM HEADQUARTERS (UK) and international organizers of this program has discovered a huge number of double claims due to beneficiaries informing close friends relatives, attorneys and third parties about their donations. As a result of this, this close friends relatives, attorneys and third parties try to claim the prize on behalf of the real Winner.

The G Gmail AWARD TEAM HEADQUARTERS (UK) has also lost millions of dollars to this fraudulent people, and have reached a decision from its headquarters that any double claim discovered by The Company, will result to the G Gmail AWARD TEAM HEADQUARTERS (UK) office canceling that particular donation, making a loss for both the ghost claimer and the real beneficiary, as it will be taken that the real recipient was the informer to the ghost claimer about the donation. So you are hereby advised once more to keep all your donation information strictly confidential from third parties like friends, family, colleagues, attorneys until your award has been fully delivered and cashed.

This are the people most likely to try to claim the donation on your behalf as the G Gmail AWARD TEAM HEADQUARTERS (UK) has discovered double claims from the above listed possibilities before now. We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause, but be informed that the G Gmail AWARD TEAM HEADQUARTERS (UK) has lost millions of dollars and pounds on double claims and is doing everything possible to reduce this.

Included on this email, is your Winning No. to be used when claiming your donation. Your donation WINNING No : YM09788. This number should be kept strictly confidential by you, as you will use it in receiving your award funds.

You are to immediately contact the Payment officer in the ELITE office in UNITED KINGDOM for claim of your donation. Please do contact the officer in the below information.

CONTACT INFORMATION.
================================
Elite Worldwide & Cargo Deliveries.
Head Office & Accounts
Elite House,Oldham Street
M1 9JQ Manchester , England.
Name: Mr.Moore Russell
Fax Number:+447011142165
Phone Number: +447014236137
================================

Do note that on contact with Barrister. Moore Russell (elitecourier_delivery2012@hotmail.co.uk), you are to provide him the following details

1)Full Names
2(Full Residential Address
3)Telephone Numbers
4)Occupation
5)Age

This will enable the ELITE COURIER office to verify your claim with the files which have been sent to them and facilitate the immediately dispatch of your donation cheque and related document.

Please contact
Barrister Moore Russell immediately.

Signed, Dr. Pinkett Griffin.
Verification Award Office



So next time if you happen to receive this type of mail then all you need to do is ignore it.


-Amir Bhandari,
Soreng
[Published by SSG for the benefit of masses.]

No comments:

Categories

Achievements (1) Admin (1) Admission (2) Article (48) Award (2) Biography (1) Child (6) Colleges (3) Culture (2) Darjeeling (1) Destruction (1) Drugs (2) Education (27) Environment (2) Events (7) Exam (3) God (4) India (9) Inspiration (13) Internet (6) Interview (1) Issue (2) Literature (2) NEstd (8) NewAge (1) News (33) Schools (7) Science (1) Sikkim (53) Sports (7) Students (46) Teacher (6) Technology (5) Top 5 (5) UNICEF (1) Unity (1) Village (1) Women (2)